Go to the top of the page
Our currently enrolled families are sent their re-enrollment papers at the end of January. Their paperwork is due back to us in early February.
The priority of our Enrollment is as follows:
- Currently enrolled students
- Age-eligible children moving up from our Transitional Preschool or Toddler programs
- Younger siblings of currently enrolled students
- Siblings of previous graduates of MAC
- New Applicants with previous Montessori experience
- New Applicants with no previous Montessori experience
- We also consider whether or not a student is using the Extended Care Program. There are a limited number of spaces available in that Program, and we do reserve a certain number of spaces in our morning and afternoon preprimary programs for Extended Care users.
After we have processed the applicants in the first four categories, we begin filling spaces from the next two categories. Consideration is given to the order that the application is received. We also look at prospective students and their families to try to determine the best fit for our program.
At the preprimary level, we will accept a maximum of 10 students in the youngest age level in each class. The remaining spaces are divided between the “middle group” and the Kindergarten group, with a maximum of 12 students in either of those groupings. We do our best to balance the classes with regard to gender; however, this is not always possible.
By late February, you will be told if there is space in our program for your child. If there is, you will be sent the Contract which must be returned within one week.
If there is not space available, we will ask if you would like to be placed on our Waiting List. If you agree, we will notify you if a space becomes available for your child. It is not uncommon for families to receive transfers in the spring and summer, and as soon as we are told about a transfer, we begin to call people on the wait list to fill the transferred student’s space.